The Amity Motor Inn is only a 5-minute drive from Albany’s beautiful Middleton Beach. Albany has more than a dozen magnificent white sand beaches within a 20-minute drive of the town centre. When you arrive at the Amity please ask us for a copy of our free sightseeing map.
Albany and the Great Southern have an abundance of natural attractions and some of the most scenic and spectacular coastline in Australia.
Some must see places are:
- The Gap
- The Natural Bridge
- The Blow Holes
- The Albany Wind Farm
- Mount Clarence Lookout and the Desert Corps War Memorial (the best view in Albany and home of the ANZAC dawn service)
- The Porongurup Ranges
- The Stirling Ranges
- Numerous bush walks with varying degrees of difficulty including the Bibbulmun Track
Albany is the oldest settlement in Western Australia and has some fantastic historic attractions that are great for adults and children alike. Start your holiday by visiting some of the following:
- Whale World (includes tours and audio visual displays)
- The Brig Amity (a full size replica of the sailing ship that bought our first settlers in 1826)
- Albany Convict Gaol
- Patrick Taylor Cottage (the oldest surviving dwelling in Western Australia)
- The WA Museum Albany
- Princess Royal Fortress (on Mount Adelaide) The Bibbulmun Track (it ends in Albany)
Things To Do:
One of the unique things about Albany is the huge variety of things to do as a couple or with the family.
Kick off your day:
- Fishing, Snorkelling & Diving
- Cycling (fantastic cycle paths)
- Canoeing & Paddleboats
- Surfing and Body Boarding
- Harbour and River Cruises
- Beer tasting at the Tanglehead Micro Brewery in the White Star Hotel
- Sample some Whisky, Vodka, Gin or Brandy at the Great Southern Distilling Company
- Visit some of our award winning wineries (Wignalls Wines, Kalgan River, Montgomery’s Hill, Oranje Tractor)
- Take a tour at the Mount Romance Sandalwood Factory
- Let the kids play with the animals at the Albany Bird Park and Marron Farm
- Take a scenic helicopter flights over what is some of Australia’s most spectacular coastline
Whale Watching Tours (available June to October)
Cruise the historic and scenic waters of Albany’s Princess Royal Harbour and King George Sound for 2 ½ hours in the comfort of our two tour operators.
Sail past the decommissioned Cheynes II Whale Chaser , Camp Quaranup, the Point King Lighthouse and Whale World (the old whaling station closed in 1978) while your skipper entertains you with fascinating facts about our whales and whaling history, our coast and our maritime history.
When you book a two-night stay at the Amity during whale season you are entitled to a 10% discount off a whale sightseeing tour with Albany Whale & Dolphin Tours.